Job opening – Deep Learning Researcher at MyCrops
MyCrops provides precision agriculture solutions through machine vision. We use imaging systems to scan plants in greenhouses, and pin-point health issues. Our clients are international, large-scale greenhouse cultivators. We are well funded and are now upscaling our operations. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic team player to join us.
As a Deep Learning Researcher, you will:
* Develop, train, and validate deep learning models for classification, detection, segmentation, and tracking
* Optimize models for production in cloud and edge-computing environments
* Develop semi-automated annotation pipelines, including active learning
* Keep up to date with new research and technologies
* Working with a talented team passionate about making a positive impact
* Team player who enjoys brainstorming and solving problems together
* 2+ years of industry experience in deep learning for computer vision problems
* Experience in delivery and maintenance of an algorithm in production
* High proficiency in Python and Linux
*Relevant bachelor's degree, or proven extensive experience in computer vision
* Owner/Doer mentality
* Experience with at least one of the following frameworks: Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow
The following are a big plus:
* Additional experience as a software developer
* Experience with classic image analysis
* MSc/Ph.D. in STEM
* Experience working on a cloud environment
We’re boots-on-the-ground, dirt-under-the-fingernails kind of people. Literally.
MyCrops was founded by team members who grew up on and got our hands dirty on family farms. We witnessed firsthand the challenges—and pleasures—of working in orchards, vineyards, and greenhouses. We founded MyCrops to bring the power of data and technology to farms—large and small, old and new—to help them operate more efficiently and successfully, especially in changing times and circumstances.
Our technology harnesses what we see as the most powerful asset a farm has: the agronomist’s eyes, coupled with his or her expert knowledge of what each plant needs. We’ve taken that and packed it into a precision agriculture intelligence platform that’s strengthening farms, empowering farmers, and driving the future of agriculture.
We’re looking for great people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty (OK, not literally…) to bring about transformative change in agriculture using data and technology. We’re a close-knit team powered by our passion for empowering farmers and shaping the future of agriculture. If that sounds like you, check out our positions below.