Who we are?
Zencity is re-inventing the way cities listen to, understand and interact with their citizens. The Zencity platform is a decision-supporting tool for understanding people in the city on a wide scale. With the use of advanced AI algorithms, we analyse data from social media, city hotlines and many other sources, and provide local government stakeholders with detailed insights about how their citizens view and use the city. Basically, it’s like “google analytics” for cities.
Our dedicated team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks is already trusted by over 60 cities in Israel and in the US, including San Francisco, San Antonio and Tel Aviv. If you are passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us.
What is the role?
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will be in charge of directing a team of data scientists of varying skills, building the very heart of a product which helps run dozens of cities like San Francisco and Tel Aviv.
You will research, select, fine-tune and deliver models for conversation classification using NLP and deep learning, sentiment analysis, real-time data stream anomaly detection and clustering and event prediction, using an ever-growing set of data streams which relate to all aspects of city life. Exciting stuff!
- Design and implement algorithms that support decision making and human understanding of data for city decision makers
- Develop analytical and statistical models and methods, that describe and predict a variety of urban phenomena, and deliver these to production
- Build NLP pipelines in multiple (common) languages – including tokenization, categorization, feature extraction and sentiment analytics.
- Integrate a wide variety of data real-world data – from sensor and infrastructure data, to human generated content, into insight driven user interfaces and APIs
- Constantly work to research, learn and implement cutting edge, state of the art methods and technologies
- 3+ Experience in managing a data science team in a startup. Understand priorities, understanding the product, the business, working closely with the product management team.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in machine learning.
- 3+ yrs experience in the application of data science / ML / DNN models and data pipelines for real world problems
- A solid foundation and background in machine learning and prediction models, with a broad understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning methods and algorithms
- Excellent analytical skills, with a proven track record including publications, development and deployment experienceExperience building Deep Neural Networks (RNNs, CNNs, GRUs, LSTMs., etc.)
- Good experience with Python programming, and an understanding of how to pack models and deliver them as python packages
It’s even better if you have:
- Some experience in NLP workflows / tools
- Experience with urban issueshuman related data flows
- Passion about cities and improving life in the modern, urban environment
- External activities in your work – medium posts, Kaggle, Github repository
Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.