Who are we?
The BMC Innovation Labs brings together customers, partners, and employees to accelerate the development of new and relevant solutions that create value. Our goal with our innovation labs team is to harness new ideas, to anticipate and act on market changes by:
- Fostering innovation by creating spaces for experimentation
- Advancing ideas that generate disruptive technologies
- Accelerating prototyping and development of new capabilities
We are a start up type team within an enterprise giving you the best of both worlds: the freedom and agility of a start up with the backing of a $2BN enterprise.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist with extensive Software Engineering, Hands-On experience to join our Innovation Labs team in Israel.
This individual will either:
- Have been a Data Scientist for the last few years OR
- Want to make the move from Software Engineering role to hybrid Data Science and ML engineering role.
What will you be doing?
- Be responsible for design and beginning-to-end execution of BMC Data Science projects including interpreting business need, munging/wrangling data, developing and validating predictive models, and deploying completed solutions
- Help to build out the Innovation Labs prototypes using a variety of cutting-edge technologies and tools.
- Support BMCs Innovation Labs and its adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) solutions.
- Develop advanced quantitative models using a variety of programs/software to support predictive assessments.
- Provide expertise for analytical, programmatic, strategic, and operational analysis.
- Perform multiple forms of advanced analyses, sustainment, optimization, text analytics, machine learning, parametric and non-parametric statistical models and techniques.
- Build, test, validate and demonstrate analytical models through various relevant error metrics and calibration techniques.
- Provide recommendations for plans, programs, strategies, policies and budgets.
- Design algorithms that require several different models/methods to be used in an ensemble.
- Deploy models into production.
Must-have experience/criteria for role:
- Experience of developing software applications with Python, Java, Golang or any other modern language.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in Statistics / Technology / Computer Science / Applied Mathematics
- Demonstrable experience working with Python
- An Innovative Mindset, strong analytical skills, and an ability to pick up new languages / technologies quickly.
Nice to have’s
- Experience developing algorithms using data science technologies to build analytical models.
- Modelling experience using a variety of regression and supervised and unsupervised learning techniques.
- Experience in data wrangling/cleansing, statistical modeling, and programming.
- Experience in Container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm Charts, etc.
- Experience with DevOps CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with AWS / Google Cloud or Azure
- Experience working with Apache Spark
- Experience in message bus technologies such as Kafka
- Enterprise software development practices
If you feel you meet some of the criteria but not all, please still apply. We don’t want imposter syndrome to get in the way of meeting some truly amazing candidates!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bmc.com.