We are an insurance company built by cybersecurity experts, leveraging our technology and security expertise to better understand digital risks and, thus, build better insurance products and services. We help clients by providing insurance products, guidance on their security issues, and active risk management. Like software, digital risk is eating the world and we aim to empower businesses to thrive in this ever-changing landscape. At-Bay has raised nearly $300MM in funding from Icon Ventures, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Qumra Capital, M-12 (Microsoft), Acrew Capital, Khosla Ventures, Shlomo Kramer and MunichRe. We are 100+ people distributed globally with hubs in San Francisco, New York City, Atlanta, and Tel Aviv. We have aggressive plans to scale our business and believe the best way to make that happen is to immediately invest in further developing our teams.
The Data department oversees all of At-Bay’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as analytical databases, advanced data pipelines, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The Data team’s role at At-Bay is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision-making. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
At-Bay is looking for a savvy ML Engineer to join our growing Data & Research team. As an ML engineer, you will be responsible for designing, expanding, and optimizing our ML infrastructure architecture for cross-functional teams. The ML Engineer will work closely with our data engineers, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. As an ML engineer, you will provide creative solutions for data-related problems at scale by mixing in-house and open source technology such as Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, and more. You should be a Team player, a quick learner, and have a “Can Do” approach.
- Join a team of highly motivated developers to work together to fill At-Bay’s growing software and scaling needs
- Writing well-tested, organised, and robust code to support a rapidly growing organisation
- Work in a modern software environment with continuously deployed and integrated code in our cloud-based infrastructure
- Communicating and working openly with other developers to solve problems and produce high-quality code
- Create, maintain and own the core company data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the rapid data growth at At-Bay
- Collaborate with data scientists and Data Engineers to research, develop, and deploy machine learning models at a large scale
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering needs
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- work with stakeholders including Product, Data analytics, R&D teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members to build and optimise our product into an innovative industry leader.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or other STEM field.
- Rich programming experience in Python / Java / Scala.
- Experience developing solutions in AWS environment and working with the following services: EC2, EMR, RDS (other cloud environments a plus)
- Experience in data mining, machine learning and natural language processing.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics.
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks.
- Experience with modern CI/CD practices.
- Experience with processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- Experience with big-data processing technologies such as MapReduce, Hive & Spark.
- Experience with machine learning toolkits including, H2O, SparkML or Mahout a plus
- Experience with ML methods and frameworks (Sklearn/Tensorflow/Keras/Pytorch etc)
- Experience with big data frameworks such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with ETL development
- Experience in building large scale data systems
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
What you'll get
- A competitive salary, and equity in a super fast-growing company, taking over commercial insurance
- A strong emphasis on work-life balance
- Beautiful offices in the heart of Tel Aviv, near the train station and main bus stops
- Passionate, smart, and fun people to work with
- You will never lack a challenge, we are a unique blend of a fast-growing tech startup, an international firm, and an insurance company