Orca AI, a newly funded startup which aims to aid Captains navigate safer at sea, is looking for great people to join our team.
Orca uses special cameras, sensor fusion and big data to create a brain for autonomous navigation, aimed specifically for the maritime domain.
The founding team is ex-navy professional skippers, with vast experience in operating unmanned naval surface vehicles.
Orca has strong connections with the maritime domain, with the help of strategic partnerships and great investors.
As a maritime vision engineer, you will create, train and deploy state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms, use computer vision skills for tackling hard "real world" weather conditions, and have immense impact on the product of the company.
- B.sc / M.sc degree or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 3 years of algorithm development experience in the fields of Deep Learning, Computer Vision, or Image Processing.
- Ability to implement, train and deploy different types of ANN’s with ease [YOLO, Faster R-CNN,SSD, GOTURN]
- Prior experience python using a popular deep learning framework [TensorFlow / Pytorch / Keras / Caffe], with projects targeting vision / NLP
- Knowledge with data pipelines, preferably oriented to vision projects
- Programming skills in python, experience with OpenCV, C/C++ is an advantage
- Automotive or drone industry experience
- AWS experience [sageMaker / Glue / S3 / EC2]
- SLAM knowledge
If you're looking for a real "Blue Ocean" domain to disrupt, perform experiments on ships contact us and have a great time, contact us.