SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb provides granular insights about any website or app across all industries in every region enabling the world's biggest brands like Airbnb, Walmart, HSBC, eBay and adidas to create the strategies necessary to win market share. The company has raised over $112M and has nearly 400 employees across eight global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of Inc.com 15 Israeli Startups to Watch in 2017 and one of Business Insider’s Top 50 Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On.
But if we want to continue helping the world’s biggest brands reimagine what is possible online, we need talented and driven individuals who are looking for the chance to make a real and tangible impact. Does this sound like you?
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
- We love data! At SimilarWeb you have the opportunity to work with it on a petabyte scale!
- As part of the team you will support everything from our multi million client side panel across all platforms through our massive ingest pipeline
- We are solving some really hard problems in machine learning, estimation, categorization etc.
- Work with cutting edge technology – we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
A day to day as a Researcher at SimilarWeb means..
- As a Researcher you should love analyzing, mining and doing crazy things with data, and be great at it! Our team is the place where all your analytic dreams will come true.
- You will develop new machine learning and statistical algorithms in a Big Data ecosystem. You will work together with other researchers and Big Data engineers and collaborate with Product Managers to achieve superior results.
- On a day to day some of your responsibilities will include:
- Developing novel algorithms and investigate new technologies.
- Improving accuracy of the current statistical and machine learning algorithms
- Taking an active part in research and implementation
- Validating the accuracy of the obtained results
What will I bring to the team?
- PHD/ M.Sc. in Mathematics/Physics/Computer Science or any other relevant field
- Over 2 years of experience developing machine learning/image processing/NLP algorithms
- Experience with probability theory and statistics
- Experience with statistical and machine learning tools – R, Python, etc.
- Familiar with Java or other OOP language
- Familiar with SQL
- Knowledge of Big Data systems – MapReduce/Spark/Hive – nice to have
- Familiar with the web/internet/online industry- nice to have
What are the benefits of working at SimilarWeb?
- A flexible work environment (hey, some of us are parents too)
- Work with the best engineering team you can imagine – see us in action
- Amazing offices and company culture (we only have 12 kinds of cornflakes…sorry) – check it out
- You become better at what you do every day and contribute to building the future of market intelligence
- Lots of activities (We just celebrated the international waffle day in the office, so we don’t miss any major holiday)
Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great prod
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/similarweb/jobs/1257313 →