Nanit is the first smart monitor to merge computer vision & deep learning with data-backed sleep science, to measure human behavior and produce the most advanced and secure camera technology ever introduced to the home.
Nanit is also building the biggest database of babies sleep and parents behaviors. We are working to show that this technology can be used to detect sleep apnea which is affecting babies sleep and can cause health complications. Another potential application is early-detection of autism based on gestures and parent-baby interactions.
You’ll be joining as Head of AI, leading a passionate and talented core team that translates computer vision insights into innovation breakthroughs in child development while solving advanced behavioral classification problems in a resource-constrained cloud environment. This is a unique opportunity to take part in the future of consumer-facing health, by utilizing Nanit as a research tool, with an ability to look into big data at scale and to identify and early detect diseases and disorders.
• Lead and mentor a team of Deep Learning, Vision, Machine Learning Engineers, and Data specialists (tagging team).
• Initiate and guide various long-term research efforts, and build excellence in the field of deep learning for video & imaging data – including implementing the latest techniques and articles.
• Work closely with multiple stakeholders to define the scope, requirements timelines and project plans of complex, multidisciplinary research projects, combining HW, design, and algorithms to solve problems.
• Collaborate with doctors, researchers at the academia and healthcare professionals to understand how we can apply Computer Vision and Machine Learning methods to early detect diseases and disorders.
• Establish processes, common infrastructure, tools, automation and shared practices in the team to achieve maximal efficiency as well as high-quality products.
• Help us fulfill our vision by taking the technology to the mass population (Adults and elders)
Requirements and Capabilities:
• Ph.D. in exact sciences (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics). preferably in the field of machine learning/computer vision, Notable M.Sc. applicants would be considered.
• 3+ years Experience in leading a team of researchers/ Algorithm developers.
• 5+ years of practical experience in Algorithm Development with Computer Vision using modern frameworks and tools (Python and Matlab)
• 1+ year of practical experience in Deep learning systems for the Computer Vision field using common open source frameworks and tools (Keras, TensorFlow, Theano etc.)
• Strong mathematical background, experience with optimization methods and signal processing, research-oriented with practical experience.
• Experience with optimization for the cloud, embedded and mobile environments.
• Demonstrated ability interacting with product and engineering teams to frame business problems into scalable computer vision solutions.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, Team player.
• Fast learner and results driven.
• Working on a consumer product that touches the most sensitive parts of human's life
• We are a dynamic VC-backed startup with proven products, marquee investors and a terrific team of people.
• Exciting multidisciplinary, deep technology product
• Fun, ego-less, family friendly, flexible work environment