Do you want to do something truly meaningful? Do you want to be able to affect people’s lives, across the world? Join us on our journey to connect the world and serve the unserved, bringing your data science skills to the maximum.
ViaSat’s Israel Data Science center works on improving our broadband services and focuses on gaining the understanding of end customers behaviors for all businesses including residential services, community networks, small & medium business and mobile services. The team engages in statistical analysis to gain insight into what drives customer satisfaction, dive into the specifics of our network and its utilization, and find ways to continuously impprove customer experience. By designing experiments, building advanced models and testing different hypothesis in the field, the team is able to make recommendations spanning across multiple departments to improve our business processes and add value.
We employ the latest technologies to analyze the Petabytes of data our operational systems produce. We employ developers, data scientists, and engineers to gain insight; solving both business and technical problems. Our innovative solutions are a result of the diversity of our team.
As a team member, you'll build a breadth of knowledge including distributed systems, predictive analytics and machine learning. You will design, develop, and deploy analytic pipelines to answer questions across multiple business areas and disciplines.
We encourage learning through immersion, collaboration and action. We value adaptability and curiosity. Our ideal candidate is someone focused on solving tough problems using data and loves doing so.
- Excellent understanding of statistical and machine learning models: Predictive modeling, clustering, multivariate regression, time series analysis and other statistical analysis techniques.
- Extensive experience with data analysis tools (background in Python, R or Matlab)
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Impala, Hadoop
- BSc in a data related field such as mathematics, computer science, physics, EE or similar
- Significant industry experience – a must
- Fluent in English
- Team player
You'll Be Especially Competitive If You Have Any Of
- MSc/PhD in a data related field and academic background in research
- Exemplary oral and writing communication skills with a demonstrated track record of effectively presenting to technical & non-technical audiences in English.
- Ability to work independently given abstract tasks, understand business relevance and produce actionable insights
- Experience with Scala or Java