Utilis is a young, dynamic and successful startup company specializing in SAR infrastructure analytics. Utilis has developed a unique technological solution for detecting potable water leaks in urban distribution systems using satellites. Utilis R&D department seeks for a highly motivated, responsible, curious individual who is willing to solve complex problem for the Data Scientist position. The selected applicant will be a part of Utilis innovation team leading the company data flows and analysis.
- Manage the company’s data flow.
- Perform ongoing data analytics and statistical studies.
- Develop complex computer vision algorithms to be applied on satellite imagery and geospatial datasets.
- Responsible for R&D machine learning algorithm development.
- DB design, management & maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific relevant field is required (Computer Science, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Geoinformation or Geo sciences); MS/PhD is preferred.
- Strong background in statistics and statistical programming skills.
- Background in machine learning and computer vision, including familiarity with deep learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras).
- Experience in SQL DB design, management and maintenance (POSTGRESSQL),
- High English proficiency (writing, speaking & reading)
- Strong communication skills & a tech friendly approach
- Programming: Python (high proficiency).
- Programming: R, Java, MATLAB.
- Experience with computer vision and image processing.
- Experience with geospatial & numerical python packages (e.g. Numpy, GDAL, Geopandas, Rasterio).
- Experience with remote sensing, geospatial analytics and GIS development.
- Experience in Geospatial DB (PostGIS).
- Experience with AWS environment.
Start date: Immediate (July-August 2019).