Zone7 helps athletes reduce injury rates and achieve peak performance.
We use AI to create a pattern recognition based system to forecast injury risk and provide athletes with data-driven training plans.
Our platform is used by elite football, baseball and basketball teams in Europe and the US, top NCAA programs, and Olympic Teams. These teams report an average reduction of 70% in days out due to injury.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist that can bring a substantial added value to our data science team. This position will include analysis of match stats, performance data, physiological tracking, biomechanical screening, and health biomarkers. You'll implement AI technology (mainly ML and DL) to upgrade the algorithms we develop. This position will also enable you to take a key role in further building the company, alongside having a decisive influence on our product, data science stack, and infrastructure.
What You’ll Do
- Build our AI models and recommendations engine.
- Bring in new methods to upgrade our platform's performance and quality of insights.
- Develop the infrastructure we use to import and integrate the different data types we analyze.
- Design and implement data science stack upgrades that will enable scaling the solutions we currently offer.
- Tailor our solutions for elite sports organization’s specific requirements
Skills and Requirements
What You Need
- Be able to successfully work in a team and communicate opinions and insights to help develop the company.
- Significant experience in problem-solving using ML and DL methods.
- Experience with Cloud Big Data computing design, provisioning, and tuning.
- Significant experience with Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL engines, different data file formats).
- Knowledge of scripting and programming languages such as Python is mandatory.
- Experience with data from sensors and time series data is an advantage.
- Passion for sports is an advantage. A background in competitive sports even more so.
- Knowledge in life science, especially exercise physiology or biomechanics, is an advantage as well.