Zeitgold enables entrepreneurs to focus on what they are truly passionate about – their products and customers – and frees them from paperwork. By combining artificial intelligence and experts, we offer an end-to-end solution for managing the financials of cafés, restaurants, craftsmen, and agencies. Zeitgold empowers the owners to get bookkeeping, payroll, invoice payment, collections and coordination with their tax advisor done in less than 10 minutes per day on their smartphones, saving around 10 hours per week and creating clarity of mind.
Zeitgold was founded in 2015 and is based in Berlin and Tel Aviv. Co-founders Stefan Jeschonnek (MBA, Stanford) and Jan Deepen (PhD, WHU) previously co-founded fintech company SumUp. Stefan and Jan teamed up with Kobi Eldar (8200 alum), who led a cybersecurity unit in the Israeli Defense Forces and had leading roles in several Israeli tech companies.
We are backed by Deutsche Bank, Saban Ventures, Battery Ventures (investor also in GoEuro and N26), Holtzbrinck Ventures (investor also in Zalando, Flixbus and SumUp) and a number of well-known business angels from Germany, Silicon Valley, and Israel.
Join us in our offices in Berlin Mitte or Tel Aviv and let’s take small businesses into the digital age.
A few facts about the position
- We are looking for a strong data scientist with hands-on capabilities to join our R&D team in our TLV office and become the DS Guild Master.
- In this position you are part of the R&D team, working closely with developers, product, the chief architect and the CTO. You work in your team as part of the sprint, use machine learning and analytical techniques to create scalable solutions for our product. You have end to end responsibility, from research to production (you will receive engineering support but it’s a bonus if you can test, deploy and maintain your models in production by yourself). As Guild Master, you are responsible for the DS field at Zeitgold; Be the go-to-guy/gal for any DS issues, bring the most updated tools and DS infrastructures into Zeitgold, and conduct tech sessions for accelerating team members’ work on data related solutions.
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Scientist using algorithm development for production systems
- A problem solver for whom algorithms are the means and not the purpose
- MSc. in Mathematics/Physics/Computer Science or related field
- Strong background and experience in machine learning/NLP
- Coding experience with Python
- A great team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging startup environment
- All around player, fast, creative, self-learning individual
- Loves to create great products that really help people
- Enjoys working as part of a strong team
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Passionate for technology and product
- An owner
- Thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.