Part of Booking Holdings (BKNG), Agoda is part of largest Online Travel Agency (OTA) worldwide and the largest and fastest growing OTA in Asia
We are looking for ambitious and agile data scientists that would like to seize the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging productive machine learning and big data platforms worldwide, processing some 600B events every day and making some 5B predictions.
As part of the front-end and personalization team you will be exposed to real-world challenges such as: predicting customer intents in real time, ranking search results to maximize lifetime value, personalizing supplier and user generated content, classifying unstructured data such as images and text, making personalized recommendations, discovering insights from big data and innovating the user experience. To tackle these challenges, you will have the opportunity to work on one of the world’s largest ML infrastructure employing dozens of GPUs working in parallel, 30K+ CPU cores and 150T of memory.
Agodans come from over 70 countries: It’s an incredible technical creative melting pot of talents pin picked from all corners of the planet, and it happens from one of the most exciting and vibrant places in the world today – Bangkok Thailand.
Your voice will be heard, you career will make a leap, and you will be able to make a difference in a business that touches many millions in every hour of the day!
- Design, code, experiment and implement models and algorithms to maximize customer engagement and business outcomes.
- Mine a big data of hundreds of millions of customers and more than 600M daily user generated events and discover actionable insights to drive improvements and innovation.
- Work with developers and a variety of business owners to deliver daily results with the best quality.
- Research discover and harness new ideas that can make a difference.
- 3+ years hands-on data science experience.
- Excellent understanding of AI/ML/DL and Statistics, as well as coding proficiency using related open source libraries and frameworks.
- Significant proficiency in SQL and languages like Python, PySpark and/or Scala.
- Can lead, work independently as well as play a key role in a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for working in a multicultural work environment.
Great if you have them
- PhD or MSc in Computer Science / Operations Research / Statistics or other quantitative fields
- Experience in NLP, image processing and/or recommendation systems.
- Hands on experience in data engineering, working with big data framework like Spark/Hadoop.
Experience in data science for e-commerce and/or OTA.
To apply for this job please visit careersatagoda.com.