Nexar is building the first over-the-top vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) network on the planet, to predict and prevent accidents. We leverage deep learning, computer vision, sensor fusion and real-time networking to create a new, delightful, and safe driving experience, powered by your smartphone, with the potential of saving the 1,300,000 people who die on the road every year.
With our enormous and growing user base of drivers from dozens of countries, we understand the roads better than just about anyone else. Since launching we have grown to the point where we covered 20X more sensory and visual data of the road than Google’s self-driving fleet, and we’re just getting started.
That’s where you get into the picture. We are looking for smart, passionate, and mission-driven people to bring into our growing team, and help us meet the scale and opportunity in front of us.
We’re looking for a top notch deep learning researcher to help us shape the future of mobility and push the limits of AI.
- Research and development of cutting edge machine learning and computer vision algorithms. Research domain includes: visual localization, depth estimation, neural architecture search, self-supervised learning, active learning, action recognition, object detection, object tracking, semantic segmentation, etc.
- Leverage our massive large-scale datasets into impactful, life-saving products
- Work closely with the engineering team on planning and integrating your research projects into production.
- Work closely with product and BizDev teams to understand the user and business needs and to translate them into research requirements.
- Ph.D / M.Sc. (with thesis) in Computer Science / Physics / Mathematics or any relevant field (Ph.D. and thesis in machine learning/computer vision is a plus)
- Strong background in machine learning, computer vision and algorithms
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing machine-learning/computer Vision algorithms
- Hands-on experience with at least one major deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills with a passion for cutting edge technologies and product delivery
- Strong team player and self-learner with excellent communication skills