There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors. To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
General Motors Israel (Herzelia) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We shape the face of the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies.
The Cognitive Car Group is developing the "brain" of fully autonomous vehicles through advanced AI capabilities and leading the development of artificial intelligence (AI) for autonomous driving in GM worldwide.
We are looking for object-oriented SW developer that will develop a highly capable autonomously driving agent, from inception to a fully working prototype, that is aimed to be productionized and integrated into GM’s vehicles all over the world.
About you –
- You will Research and develop state of the art machine-learning and planning algorithms for autonomous vehicles
- Keep track of latest state-of the- art machine-learning research and adopt where relevant
- Write efficient code (python) that can run both on the vehicles and on our servers at scale
- Interact with simulations, designing experiments and drawing conclusions to gain deep understanding of real-world problems and the best possible way to solve them
- MSc/Phd in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Mathematics / Physics
- Over 5 years of industry software development experience in at least one object-oriented language (such as C++/Java/C#) and at least one scripting language (such as Python/MATLAB)
- Strong theoretical background in AI/Machine Learning/Statistics
- Proven ability to perform research and implement methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Passion for learning new technologies
It’s an advantage if you have:
- Experience (academic or industry) in Robotics, Machine Learning, Planning, Decision Making, Neural Networks / Deep Learning, Foundations of Optimization.
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Experience in writing industry-level code in production systems.