The new Robotics lab at the School of Mechanical Engineering at Tel-Aviv University aims to increase access to robots in domestic and industrial environments to improve the quality of life. The lab, led by Dr. Avishai Sintov, increase the capabilities of robots in various tasks while putting a strong emphasis on the simplicity of the hardware. Such approach enables the use of a low-cost hardware and minimal sensing while implementing advanced algorithms of motion planning and artificial intelligence.
For more information about the Robotic lab: robotics.eng.tau.ac.il
The Robotics lab invites applications for a PhD student position in the area of Human-Robot collaboration. The research will be multidisciplinary including motion planning under uncertainty, machine learning and wearable sensing.
1. Applicants should have M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other close enough field.
2. Experience in machine learning.
3. Python and c++ programming.
4. Passion for robotic research.
5. Experience working with ROS and robotic hardware is an advantage.
Interested applicants should send their CV, list of publications and grade transcripts to Dr. Sintov.