Trax is looking for a Data Engineer to join its Digitization data science team. This person will be extending our existing data teams and work with our Data Scientists, and Data Analysts on building data pipelines, customized reports and improving our data platforms. They will act as a key enabler of ML / statistical models, AI modules and advanced analysis over our production environment.
- Design, build and deploy complex data pipelines, moving and manipulating Trax’ data.
- Scrape and ETL data from different internal systems into our data platforms.
- Shorten time to value of new modules by taking ownership of their productization process. Integrate and deploy these within the Trax environment.
- Re-design or re-implement existing data driven modules to improve performance while leveraging most suitable technology.
- Identify new and emerging technologies that may drive efficiency and introduce these to relevant architecture, research and development teams.
- Ability to communicate and work with multiple interfaces with different roles
- 2+ years of experience with server side and microservice development
- 3+ years hands on experience with python, SQL and NoSQL, code deployment and version control
- Thorough understanding of software engineering principals
- Good familiarity with Spark, Scala, Linux power tools (bash, sed, awk, etc) – an advantage
- Client-Side development – an advantage
- B.Sc/M.Sc in Computer Science or Software Engineering
To apply for this job please visit traxretail.com.