Who are we?
Our mission at Webiks is to create powerful, data-driven applications and models that help our clients innovate and grow. We build custom software and custom models for clients from multiple industries, including Defense, Security, Health, and Automotive. We think long-term. Forming long-lasting strong relationships and partnerships with our clients is at the core of our strategy.
Who you are?
As a Computer Vision Engineer you will have an important role in our Data Science and AI team. You are a Deep Learning enthusiast, with a significant, hands-on, experience with deep convolutional neural networks for detection, classification and segmentation of images and objects. You understand that, sometimes, good old ML modeling and classical image and signal processing techniques are essential, and you enjoy combining them with end-to-end DL approaches.
What’s this job about?
As a Computer Vision Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Design, develop and train state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms. All the way from rapid prototyping to production-ready models (object detection, fine-grained object classification, change detection and more).
- Collaborate with engineers in our data-science, full-stack software development and product-management teams – to implement value-adding solutions.
- Evaluate your results and improve your solutions based on business metrics and scientific train-val-test methodologies.
- Explore innovative techniques, such as active-learning, self-supervised learning and generative models, and evaluate their usability to our use-cases.
- Drive the end-to-end execution of Computer Vision projects, including understanding the requirements and goals, set the criteria, data exploration, model selection, training, and evaluation, all the way to full-scale implementation and integration.
- Provide continuous feedback and support to fellow Data Scientists in the team, all of them are brilliant minds and enthusiastic people just as you are, some of them are less experienced than you.
- Maintain a highly cross-disciplinary perspective, solving issues by applying approaches and methods from across a variety of Data Science disciplines and related fields. Your day-to-day will be focused on Computer Vision, but you will also be involved in exploratory projects in the fields of structured data and time-series ML, NLP and competitive Data Science.
- Continuously evolve yourself by keeping up to date with the latest Data Science, Machine Learning & Deep Learning technologies.
- You’ll be reporting to our CTO.
- You flourish when you are surrounded by talented, sharp-minded people.
- You love doing things yourself. You like mentoring others.
- You are a great communicator. You write, you talk, you appear, you communicate.
- You are open. You understand that the only reason you have reached so far is that you were able to stand on the shoulders of giants. You truly believe the principles of the open movement – Open Source, Open Data & Open Innovation.
- You are a competitor. “Bestfitting” Kaggle winner is your role model.
- Deep technical expertise in Computer Vision and Deep Learning.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of successful, hands-on, ML/DL/DS positions with a significant Computer Vision experience.
- You can code. Your code quality meets the typical Software Engineering standard (and not only the typical Data Science standard).
- Proficient in Python.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks and libraries (Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras).
- Experience with overhead imagery (aerial / satellite imagery) and with GIS – an advantage.
- Experience with Active Learning techniques – an advantage.
- Experience with cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS, Azure) and relevant execution frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) – an advantage.
- You are comfortable at reading academic papers and reproducing their results.
If you want to apply, please send your CV or Linkedin URL to email@example.com.
Please write “Computer Vision Engineer application” in the email subject line.
Please attach to your email links to at least two of the followings:
- A paper you have published (arXiv included).
- A technical blogpost you have written (English or Hebrew).
- A lecture/presentation you gave in a meetup/course/conference.
- A Kaggle competition you have participated in and scored well.
- An open-source project you have contributed to.
- A Jupyter / Colab notebook you have published.
Smadar, our HR manager will then contact you and set up an introductory call. If relevant, we will then set up interviews with Shachar, our CTO, and with Omer, our CEO, and together we will take it from there.