General Motors Israel (Herzliya) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We shape the face of the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies.
The Cognitive Car Group is developing the "brain" of fully autonomous vehicles through advanced AI capabilities and leading the development of artificial intelligence (AI) for autonomous driving in GM worldwide.
We are looking for an AI applied researcher who will develop a highly capable autonomously driving agent, from inception to a fully working prototype, that is aimed to be productionized and integrated into GM’s vehicles all over the world. Among your responsibilities:
- You will Research and develop state of the art machine-learning and planning algorithms for autonomous vehicles
- Keep track of latest state-of the- art machine-learning research and adopt where relevant
- Write efficient code (python) that can run both on the vehicles and on our servers at scale
- Interact with simulations, designing experiments and drawing conclusions to gain deep understanding of real-world problems and the best possible way to solve them
What are we looking for?
- M.Sc./ P.hd. in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Mathematics / Physics
- Over 5 years of industry software development experience in at least one object-oriented language (such as C++/Java/C#) and at least one scripting language (such as Python/MATLAB)
- Strong theoretical background in AI/Machine Learning/Statistics
- Proven ability to perform research and implement methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Passion for learning new technologies
It’s an advantage if you have:
- Experience (academic or industry) in Robotics, Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Planning, Decision Making, Neural Networks / Deep Learning, Foundations of Optimization.
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Experience in writing industry-level code in production systems.
To apply for this job please visit generalmotors.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.