Anthem Israel is looking for a Director of Clinical Data Science, focused on large-scale and high-precision medical projects to lead a research team.
We're a small, very well-funded group, with unique access to enormous amounts of health data and patients, and a mission to change how this data is used by businesses and consumers. If you've ever wanted to utilize your computing wizardry to make the world a better place, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a historic impact on society.
What will you do:
- This position offers you the opportunity to craft AI approaches to solving particular medical problems, with the goal of improving and inventing new & effective clinical workflow.
- You will build, manage and mentor a team of 4-6 Data Scientists, setting and maintaining high standards of execution within the team.
- Construct and curate large problem-specific datasets.
- Design and implement AI and ML techniques aimed at solving specific problems.
- Lead the development of production software that utilizes AI and ML methods and technology to implement digital care products and services.
- This position requires you to keep up with the latest AI research and collaborate with diverse teams (internal and external), including AI researchers, clinical and research physicians, medical imaging researchers and software architects.
- Generate high-quality patents and top tier technical/clinical publications, and transfer technology into products.
- Help evaluate startups in the Israeli ecosystem, researching their field of expertise and assessing their fit for Anthem, and lead technical due diligence with Israeli ecosystem partners and startups.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Can-do attitude. You must be a problem-solver, a team-player and a team leader.
- Experience building and managing a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Analysts.
- 5+ years' experience working in startups and/or technology field.
- A PhD or MSc/MA in Biostatistics / Bioinformatics / Biomedical Engineering or a related field with strong hands-on software development / programming experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in AI / ML medical projects, medical imaging or statistical learning.
- A track record of research (publication) excellence and/or significant product development.
- Excellent knowledge and development experience of common AI / ML frameworks and packages (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, PyTorch, scikit-learn, SpaCy. etc.).
- Excellent rapid prototyping skills with medical applications using Python; C++, Matlab.
- Prior experience working with physicians to identify (novel) important problems and assessing possible deep learning solutions is a plus.
- Good understanding and experience of ML modeling lifecycle and pipelines, including data preparation, data wrangling, ML model development, model training, model performance measurement and tuning.
- Knowledge and experience with statistical Natural Language Processing (NLP) methods and technologies is desired. Experience with models such as Support Vector Machines (SVM), Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs), Long Short Term Memory (LSTM), etc.
- Understanding of software engineering principles and methods, agile software development methodologies and modern development processes.
- Savvy learner, avid listener, articulate communicator and presenter
- Excellent English (written + communication skills)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
If you find yourself a good fit, please send us your CV at AnthemIL@anthem.com