Anthem Israel is looking for a Director of AI, focused on large-scale and high-precision medical projects to lead a research team.
We're a small, very well-funded group, with unique access to enormous amounts of health data and patients, and a mission to change how this data is used by businesses and consumers. If you've ever wanted to utilize your computing wizardry to make the world a better place, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a historic impact on society.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work on the product and program management side, and have a big influence on the success of the Israeli innovation center of a global company.
- Build, manage, and mentor a team of 4-6 top talent Data Scientists, setting and maintaining high standards of execution within the team.
- Explore Data – Understand and identify preliminary signals in the data prior to deep processing. Quickly analyze the dataset to assess its usefulness for machine learning.
- Prototype Models Develop features, uncover patterns, and build models.
- Explore Techniques – From simple regressions to neural networks, we use a variety of techniques. You'll have the freedom to explore multiple methods to squeeze insights out of data.
- Productize Models A pattern is good, but a prescriptive solution is better. Build products that help our customers get the most out of their data and workflows.
- Help evaluate startups in Israeli ecosystem, researching their field of expertise and assessing their fit for Anthem, and leading technical due diligence with Israeli ecosystem partners and startups
- Can-do attitude, a problem solver, and a team player as well as a team leader.
- Experience in building and managing a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts.
- Advanced degree (PhD/MSc) in exact sciences / engineering such as: Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics, bioinformatic, economy, industrial engineering, etc.
- 5+years' experience working in startups and/or technology field.
- Strong experience in Statistics, DS and ML practices and technologies, specifically in big data environments.
- Knowledge and experience with statistical Natural Language Processing (NLP) methods and technologies is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning methods and statistical principles, including experience in Anomaly Detection.
- Excellent knowledge and development experience of common AI/ DS / ML frameworks and packages (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, PyTorch, scikit-learn, SpaCy. etc.).
- Experience and a comfort level with programming. You can read and write code in Python; C++ or Matlab.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune 50 company.