Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What’s more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Senior Data Scientist on our Data Science team in Beer Sheba.
What you’ll achieve
Our team develops new methodologies, capabilities and tools to enable advanced modeling and statistical analysis of business data and very often, very large business data. Our Data Science team works with prospects and internal customers to prove the analytical capabilities of Dell’s technology in generating business insights from big data.
A member of our Data Science team is charged with understanding and prioritizing our business and customers’ most urgent data driven problems and opportunities and use advanced mathematical methods and models to provide answers.
- Work, under little to no supervision on tight schedule projects, with internal and external teams to understand customer requirements and develop proposals and data-driven, AI solutions to address to those requirements
- Perform end-to-end steps involved in solution development, while establishing subject-matter expertise in key horizontal or vertical themes. Steps include preliminary data exploration and data preparation steps, variable/algorithm selection, model development/validation and scoring. Horizontal themes include: Marketing Analytics, Operations Research, Text Analytics, Graph Analytics, Hadoop, etc. Vertical themes include: Financial Services, Retail/CPG, Energy, Life Sciences, etc.
- Independently develop and drive the model development lifecycle, testing of algorithms' efficacy (i.e., by applying to test/sampled data and assessing accuracy/fit/predictive strength) for differing analytical use-cases
- Develop and apply a broad range of techniques and theories from statistics, machine learning, and business intelligence to deliver actionable business insights to prospects and customers based on large-scale data
- Communicate and explain results and insights to business executives throughout projects’ life cycle
- Join in defining of project use-cases, scope definition, and ongoing interaction with customers and business partners to provide status updates and shares analytical insights
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 2+ years relevant industry experience / 4+ years academic experience
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Math or related disciplines
- Experience with the data science toolbox, i.e:
- Programming and Scripting skills (C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Bash, etc)
- Big Data technologies (Apache Spark, GreenPlum DB, Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc)
- Analytics platforms (R, SaS, Octave/Matlab, etc)
- Visualization tools (MatplotLib, ggplot, Tableau, D3, Processing, etc)
- Customer focused & Problem solving skills
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Statistical analysis and mathematical skills
- Strives for professional development