Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including Wish, Prada, Aldo, Finish Line, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
About the Role
The Research and Data Science department is focused on bringing value to Riskified through the development of algorithms and analytical solutions. As a data scientist in the research department, you will be a valuable member of an innovative and technical data science team working on various problems. The department uses a wide variety of advanced techniques and algorithms to provide maximum value from data in all shapes and sizes (such as classification models, NLP, anomaly detection, graph theory, deep learning, and more).
The Chargeback Algorithm team is responsible for the Research behind Riskified’s core product. The team uses versatile methods (such as classification, clustering, ensembles) to optimize the performance of our models, and develops flows to support operational model training / validation processes and monitoring. We work in big-data settings (e.g. spark, kafka, etc.) using state-of-the-art environments (databricks). We are responsible for the design, research and development of these tools, hence part of our work includes writing production code.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work to improve Riskified’s core product algorithm’s accuracy by implementing improvements to the ML flow
- Research & implement improvements in our our decision engine algorithms
- Work with Product & Dev teams to enhance processes and expedite model development life-cycles
- Mentor team members in a variety of Data Science projects
- 5+ years experience as a data scientist, applied researcher or similar in the industry
- M.Sc/Ph.D in exact sciences
- Experience in ML techniques & DS best practices
- Deep theoretical knowledge in ML algorithms, solid understanding of statistics and applied mathematics
- Extensive knowledge in classification problems of imbalanced data sets, including experience with boosting trees & ensembles
- Ability to write clean and concise code, ideally in R or Python
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex concepts to business stakeholders
- Creative thinker with a proven ability to innovate through data exploration and application of non-trivial solutions
- Experience using Spark/Docker/Kubernetes and CI/CD – Advantage
- Experience with Bayesian Optimization / Control systems – Advantage
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 600+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our Tel Aviv team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members. We’ll be moving to a new space in TLV – check it out here!
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees, Keren Hishtalmut, pension
- Private medical insurance, extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, happy hours, birthday celebrations, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact
- Commitament to your professional development with global onboarding, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.