DataGen is seeking an Applied AI Scientist to help us generate effective synthetic data across a wide-range of deep learning tasks. This is the perfect opportunity for an energetic person with strong algorithms and machine learning skills to solve real-world problems using synthetic data, while gaining experience in deep learning, 3D geometry, and deep generative modeling. This role will be a core part of our growing Algorithms Team.
In this role, you will:
- Train and interpret deep learning models across various tasks (object detection, instance segmentation, depth estimation, etc…) and domains.
- Add more variance to synthetic 3D assets, using for example deep generative modeling methods (GANs, VAEs, etc…) and/or 3D computational geometry.
- Potentially communicate your results in academic conferences.
For this role, you must have:
- 4-5 years of industry experience in deep learning and/or computer vision.
- Proficiency with data science environments (pandas, pytorch, etc.).
- Proficiency in 3D geometry and linear algebra.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to solve custom deep learning tasks end-to-end (data formatting, preprocessing, deep learning coding, debugging, etc.).
- Strong coding skills and automation mindset.
- MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.