There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
General Motors Israel R&D Labs is an applied research center focusing on creating and evaluating innovative concepts for future vehicles. Researchers at this center conduct independent research as well as collaborative projects with colleagues at GM, with academic and industrial partners, in Israel and abroad.
The Computer Vision and Perception group is performing research and concept development for automotive-relevant perception tasks. The main research goal is to advance perception capabilities for Autonomous Driving using multi-sensor (e.g. Cameras, Lidars and Radars) data as input. The research focus is at advancing state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms in all aspects including accuracy, robustness, data dependency, computational requirements and explainability for a variety of relevant perception tasks.
About the role:
A senior researcher in the group will work closely with engineering colleagues to identify future challenges and possible solutions. He is expected to develop a wide and long-term perspective of his research field and propose a principled research agenda. He can work on either applied research focused on a specific application or more fundamental research with potential outcomes for a variety of tasks. He will also continue being a contributor to the wider research community by collaborating with academic researchers and publishing papers.
- Define, lead and execute research projects
- Consistently demonstrate innovative thinking and strong partnership.
- Work with GM engineering departments to identify future challenges and possible solutions
- Lead research projects with multiple contributors (e.g. interns, contractors) and in collaboration with academy and industry partners
- Develop proof-of-concepts demonstrating technical plausibility towards a viable product
- Maintain a high academic level measured by publications, patents and other external contributions
- Observe evolving trends, lead the generation and evaluation of innovative technologies and concepts
- Develop and maintain a global network with key universities and labs; and GM-internal network of partners and stakeholders;
- Lead technical discussions and reviews as an expert in your field, and communicate results and progress across the organization.
Additional Job Description
- PhD in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Related technical field
- Over 5 years of research experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or a related technical field.
- Strong publication record (papers / patents / reports)
- Solid programming skills – C/C++/Python/Matlab or similar
- High level of interpersonal skills: experience working effectively with team members, parallel teams, colleagues and business partners, locally and internationally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively in English in a large corporate environment (involving leadership, peers, colleagues, internal customers)
To apply for this job please visit generalmotors.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.