We are looking for a Team Leader to join our Machine Learning (ML) Research group.
Machine Learning Research at Vimeo is focused on unlocking opportunities for ML to make an impact, both to existing teams and products, as well as novel opportunities. We work with a wide selection of algorithms, to understand Users and Videos, based on various signals such as text, video and analytics.
In this role, you will lead a team to create an impact with ML from idea to production by developing the full cycle of Machine Learning models, in Computer vision, NLP and audio from research to production.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of researchers and engineers, provide mentoring and be responsible for professional growth.
- Work with product managers, to explore ML applications, and make the right connection between research and application to deliver value.
- Lead discovery and definition of goals and KPIs, for projects and team for the team.
- Overseeing a full cycle of algorithmic development for various tasks in fields of : Computer Vision, NLP and Audio.
- Perform literature research and evaluation of state of the art methods for various tasks in fields of : Computer Vision, NLP and Audio.
- Partner with relevant teams to deploy and apply research outcomes, as well as monitor KPIs and model performance in production.
- Create an environment where the team is constantly learning and teaching others on the state of the art AI technologies, and taking an active part in driving AI innovation across the organization.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- M.Sc or relevant industry experience with a focus on machine learning or related areas.
- At least 3 years experience in leading algorithmic teams, proven ability to hire and build teams.
- In-depth knowledge of deep learning with at least one of the following areas:
Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Search, Personalization, Reinforcement Learning.
- Strong understanding of the production aspects of machine learning models.
- Proven ability to set goals and Strong understanding and experience with Agile and OKRs methods.
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate with global teams.
- Experience Video Analysis.
- Familiarity with experiment management platforms, KubeFlow, ClearML, etc.
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.comeet.com.