We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to help our Machine Learning (ML) efforts to scale.
The Machine Learning Research team at Vimeo is focused on unlocking opportunities for ML to make an impact,
both to existing teams and products, as well as novel opportunities. We work with a wide selection of algorithms,
to understand Users and Videos, based on various signals such as text, video and analytics.
In this role, you will be a key contributor in building our ML frameworks, Design our production architecture, and
allow ML models to impact millions of video clips on a daily basis.
What you’ll do:
● Design and build MLOps systems, including data pipelines and production-level machine learning (ML)
infrastructure, using tools such as Kubeflow Pipelines, Apache Beam, Kubernetes, etc.
● Leverage your experience to drive best software development practices in ML systems.
● Bring ML research from to production. Deploy ML models under the constraints of scalability,
correctness, and maintainability, with hardware acceleration techniques. Optimize and give feedback to
research-level models to bring them to production level.
● Collaborate with cross functional agile teams of machine learning engineers, video engineers, data
engineers, and others, in building machine learning infrastructure that best supports the ML needs at
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
● Passionate about Data science and Machine learning products.
● B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
● Proficient in working with cloud platforms, dockers, and Kuberneetes.
● Highly proficient in python, with ability to build APIs.
● 4+ years of machine learning product development experience, using state-of-the-art tooling and have a
deep understanding of the best practices for ML systems.
● Experience in building high performance distributed systems at scale.
● Skilled communication and a proven record of leading work across disciplines.
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
● Experience in working with Video processing.
● Familiarity with MLOps tools and experiment management platforms, KubeFlow, ClearML, etc.
● Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks such as TensorFlow, Pytorch
● Experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Google Cloud Dataflow, Hadoop, Scalding,
Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
● Ability to architect data pipelines using tools like Apache Beam or Spark with experience in setting best
practices for data.
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and
organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing
community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is
greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we
build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.comeet.com.