You: Alexa, I am looking for a new career opportunity, where I could conduct applied research, impact millions of customers, and publish about it in top conferences. What do you suggest?
Alexa: The Alexa Shopping team is looking for brilliant applied researchers to help me become the best personal shopping assistant. Do you want to hear more?
You: Yes, please!
Alexa: As an applied researcher in the Alexa Shopping Research team, you will be responsible for research, design, and implementation of new AI technologies for voice assistants. You will collaborate with scientists, engineers, and product partners locally and abroad. Your work will inventing, experimenting with, and launching new features, products and systems. You must be passionate about understanding how people interact with AI systems. Ideally you have expertise in at least one of the following fields: Web search & data mining, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Speech Processing or Artificial Intelligence, with both hands-on experience and publications at top relevant academic venues.
· PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, or Computational Social Sciences
· Solid CS foundations (data structures and algorithms)
· Excellent coding and design skills, proficiency with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, or Python
· Several publications at first-tier peer-reviewed research conferences or journals
· Good writing and verbal English skills
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· Publications at top Computational Social Sciences, HCI, Web, Search, Machine Learning, Natural-Language Processing, Computer Vision conferences such as ICWSM, KDD, WSDM, TheWebConf, SIGIR, ICML, NeurIPS, ACL, AAAI, CVPR, etc.
· Served as Program Committee Member, organized workshops or tutorials at top conferences
· Industrial experience in building and launching AI-related features, products or systems
· Solid knowledge of big data and cloud technologies (e.g., Spark, AWS, etc.)
Amazon Science (www.amazon.science) gives you insight into the company’s approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It’s the company’s ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.